Monday, March 28, 2016

How I flirt with elan and make myself irresistibly attractive

At a really cool party, in the wee hours of morning:
" All my friends want to be married to rich men, and settle down. Isn't it kind of sad?"
"Why? What do you wish for?"
"I don't know. I don't wish to be married. I guess I am only waiting for a soul mate."
"Soul mate? Like Casper the friendly ghost?"
"Oh you are so funny. Where do you get your lines from?"
" There is a book, actually."
"Your humour is very British."
" The book is American."
"Oh by the way, I am sorry. Really sorry for asking you out last week..."
"Chill"
"No, but I am sorry that I like you"
"What?"
"Ahem...I meant I am sorry that I told you that I like you."
"Oh relax. Hahaha."
" I am so sorry. I always act like an awkward oaf, a blithering idiot around you."
"Haha."
" Do you think you might be interested in having lunch with me at the Spanish cafe next Saturday?"
"Hahaha. No."

No comments: