Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The List

That my mind is a misty farrago, I never doubted
But neither did I know that there could be order in it
Until I made the list titled-
‘Have no expectations but only aspirations’!

To wake up at dawn to perform Kapotasana
By the end of this month.
To wake up in the depths of Critical Theory
By the end of this year

To travel to Dharmasala alone
Before the end of this summer
To travel to dreams of rationality
Before the end of this life-time

That I had humble aspirations I never doubted
But neither did I know that they could be so arduous.



1 comment:

Dheeraj said...

I sometimes feel expectations are mere excuses we make to mask our own individual frailties. Aspirations, on the other hand, are almost exact opposites, the reaffirmation of our own individuality - strengths and frailties included.

Well written.
I hope some of the aspirations managed to make it through. :)