Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Missing Bombay

It was raining here in Ahmedabad today. And i was missing Bombay today...
The cold, damp wind which touched my skin when i stepped out of home this afternoon and the lightning which i watched tearing apart the inky-blue sky at dusk reminded me of my life at TISS. Back then, the touch of the wind and the sight of the lightning were all that it took me to make a trip to the sea shore.I would get excited at the prospect of watching the menacing dark waves rushing towards me from the distant, cloud-shrouded horizon, of munching peanuts near Gateway of India, of getting drenched in the rain and of having Hummus at Piccadily, while listening to the din on Causeway, created by the rain. During one such trip to Gateway on a rainy evening, I and Swathi did all these things and in addition, were stranded for several hours at CST since traffic in the city had come to a stand-still due to excessive water-logging. How i wish now that Ahmedabad had a coastline too; how i wish there was a Band stand or a Chowpati here where i could go to feel the magnanimity of the Sea in sharing the charms of its beauty with me!

No comments: