Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ambitions Unfulfilled…



Looking out of the window
I glimpsed it as it whizzed past,
A speck of light far away
Phantasmal, fading away fast!

Why did I, princess of serendipity
Behold it so briefly, why?
Through the shroud of darkness did it appear
To lure my fancy, to rouse my dreams to fly.

They-the poetess’ dreams-tried to wing their way
To the iota aglow, a universe of promises umpteen
Of beauty, of love, of a bonhomie easy
Alas! The darkness perplexed them back, to me they careened!

Or maybe, it was the train that competing
With the nocturnal hours had moved too quickly away
From the shimmer miles away, of some sylvan lamp
For me to seek its warmth, as I traveled from night to day….

How alike are my ambitions, from high up there
They challenge, they vex, they tempt
Me to run to them but I realize that
The path is too treacherous yet I-princess of serendipity-will attempt!

No comments: