Friday, March 10, 2006

The Adonis and his tome......... On Siddharth Shanghvi





Had the lovers not possessed such skill and panache
Had their love, written about in interminable paragraphs, been
A bit flawed, a bit imperfect…..
Had the characters- the heroine, her man, her cousin, been
A little layman-like
And not demigods, astounding beyond imagination
Had I been a bit less dreamy,
A bit more admirer of magic realism A bit well, less addicted to poe
Then the Adonis would have bowled me over!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Arunima,
It seems there is no word as 'vesperine.' It's vespertine. Or was it intentional?

A fellow Assamese Bengali

aminura ytrobarkahc said...

hey, thanks for visiting.yes i know that there is know such word as vesperine but i like it. i find it more euphonous than vespertine. so, i used it.

NoviceProgrammer said...

Thanks for dropping by, interesting place you have here!

Diana Sahu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cinderella said...

Thanx for dropping by and letting me know how you feel.
The comment of mine in Diana's post was just a part of the pun,no offenses meant coz I am somebody who deeply thrives,believes,trusts,gives (and is in) true love.
Okay ??
And I'm a complete fan of Keats and Donne.So dont get me wrong.You can check out my posts "Of all thats beautiful and rare" and "Love" to get my stance.
I insist,please do check them and tell me how you feel.

Zeph Keyes said...

have i mentioned, i like your writing?

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Zeph Keyes said...

was just thinking, if i'd read this a long time ago, i'd probably have plagiarised for my book review in the word:D