Tuesday, September 20, 2005

ACJ is beyond imagination......

Some times, rather i should say more often than one wishes, life thrusts upon a soul cruel surprises.......surprises that even the most wildly imaginative cannot anticipate. now, i am not being a braggart but i do have a modestly fertile imagination- it has helped me visit Machupichu in the Andes, witness Dara Shuko's tragic murder....etal.-but it never occured to me that i would ever find myself, haggard and exhausted, at 10o'clock in the night dozing on a chennai-bus while ma and baba, without either of whom i used to be reluctant to even cross the neighbourhood street, are two and a half days train-journey away. it never ocurred to me that i , who would never be let by ma even if i begged her to escape a glass of milk in the evening ,would go to bed too tired to eat anything. it never occured to me that i, who never missed my afternoon siesta , would have half a day at college.it never ocurred to me that my life at ACJ would be what it is! and it never occured to me that my imagination would run so utterly dry at ACJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel privileged to b the first 'commenter' on your blog. Actually I m in dilemma whether to praise you for your beautiful (read difficult!) writing or blast at you for seeking the sympathies of strangers.. I hope some betterment in your next post regarding the latter. Keep it up! And Congratz for the first publication of your own!
ashish dikshit

RUPHA RAMANI said...

U never imagined all that... but u r still here.. and it's great 2 hav u here.. and u runnin out of bein imaginative!?!? whom r u kiddin???? from what i know of u and from the times i hav spent wit u... i can easily say that u r really creative and hav a wild imagination. and lik dixit says.. stop askin 4 sympathies... but anyway.. hum hain naa!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Arunima
i like what u wrote.though i don't sympathise with u on the fact that ur parents are faaaar away coz face it ,so are ours.But yes imagination does dry up especially since theres no encouragement coz the teachers refuse to comment how good/bad our writing skills are .
Hope to hear more laments:)

Apoplexy said...

One more sorry soul at Ram's journo making outfit with a difference....that is ....cocktail alright...just make sure its vodka...old communist proverb.Try to pass out and then make a difference. dont stink with corporate media- with an ex SFI boss or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

one doesnt need imagination in journalism.but if you really want to make a difference...dont ever do television.
SR